Randy Shaw is executive director and supervising attorney of the Tenderloin Housing Clinic in San Francisco, as well as editor of Beyond Chron, San Francisco’s alternative online daily.
He is also the author of The Activist’s Handbook, Beyond the Fields: Cesar Chavez, the UFW and the Struggle for Justice in the 21st Century, and The Tenderloin: Sex, Crime and Resistance in the Heart of San Francisco, all available on the NHI Bookshelf at Powells online.
POSTS ON ROOFLINES
- 16 Feb 17 · Should Online Shopping Change How We Use Space?
- 1 Aug 16 · Does the Disability Rights Movement Offer A Model for Housing Activists?
- 24 Jun 16 · Why Can’t Harlem Stop Gentrification?
- 4 Feb 16 · Why the Presidential Race Ignores Urban America
- 20 Nov 15 · The New Rent Control Wars
- 27 Oct 15 · A Disastrous Week for Housing
- 25 Sep 15 · The Perfect Solution to Homelessness
- 13 Jun 13 · As Cities Prosper, Poor People Relocate to Suburbs
- 22 Feb 13 · “Move.” Governor Jerry Brown’s Troubling View of Affordable Housing
- 25 Dec 12 · Blame Politicians for Homelessness and Hunger in U.S.